Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2010 - cannot 'send using' a different account

Solved 
1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  supersadie 
#1 ·
Hi
I have several business email addresses. I have just created a new one, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.
It has its own folder into which email is delivered, but starting from there still doesn't help fix the problem.
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any help...

#3 ·
When in a email to be sent, there is a "From" button, all one needs to do is select the wanted account.
This button will only appear IF one has more than one email account set within Outlook.

NOTE: There can only be one default account, so if you are not sending from the default account, then each time this button will need to clicked and the proper account selected.
But if you are replying, or forwarding then you need to have the setting set to send for the received account.

Attachments

#4 ·
I have just created a new address, but I can't change the 'email from' address. I set a new contact up for it so I could select it via 'other email address" but the next dropdown box down, the 'send email using' still doesn't contain this new email address.

#8 ·
Finally resolved it. Despite setting up the account, when I went back to the set up information it had disappeared. Every time I set up an account that didn't function Outlook created another folder. I suspect by deleting the folder I may have killed the account. Set up one from scratch. Many thanks!

#9 ·
Are you sure that there are new folders or is it a new PST file that is being made?
The later versions of Outlook the default is to make a new PST file for each email account being set up.

So, yes, when you delete the PST file then the account would go away.

#10 ·
Tis Outlook 2010 but I guess what you've just explained makes sense. I never find Outlook terribly intuitive. Whenever I receive new email set up instructions there are always bits missing that I have to guess! A box that needs ticking or unticking.
Thanks for filling in some missing knowledge there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.