1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 email account creation

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ps67boy, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ps67boy

ps67boy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Alan
    Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Where do you want to "import my contact into Outlook" from?

And from what email program?

No, most folders will NOT download only the current "New" emails.. If you want the older emails and folders, the you will need to see if you can "export" from the old source into something that Outlook can import.

3. ps67boy

ps67boy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Alan
    DaveA, thanks for the quick reply. What does Outlook support? I did a help search in Outlook for "import contacts" and the results were less than stellar. I don't know what to look for in my old email clients if I don't know what or how to import to Outlook. Thanx

4. Rearden

Rearden Banned

Where are you contacts stored now? Are they in a program like Thunderbird or Outlook Express? Or are they stored online in your Hotmail accounts and your ISP accounts? If they're stored online, you have to first export them from those accounts. Hotmail should have a feature for this but I haven't done it myself. I'm not sure about the ISP interface. Each one is unique to the ISP.

Only folders for IMAP configured accounts will be synchronized. If you're using the POP3 protocol to get your e-mail into Outlook, you won't be able to synchronize folder names with Outlook and the online account interface.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have a look see by go to "File, Open, Import". There select "Import from other program" and you will be given a list.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice