1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 & Excel 2010 Populate fields

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chechunka, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chechunka

chechunka Thread Starter

Every day I send out excel documents that I then convert to pdf's. I use the same excel template on each document. The only thing that changes in each document per recipient is the "name" "company" & "email" fields in the excel document.

Question: Is there a way I can get these documents to interface with outlook so that when I select more than one person to receive the document (as many as 30 people will receive the same document), and auto populate the contact info "name" "company" "email."

This way would save me a few steps so that I don't have to pick a contact... type all their info in the fields... send. Select my next contact... enter appropriate info in the fields... and repeat and repeat.

I'm emailing job specific information to everyone working on the same job. I'm sending it to multiple people, but need it to look like they were the only one who received the document. Just like when you get an email about the "deal of the week" that says, "Dear Mr. Johnson, How's your summer going?.... " while someone in NYC gets the same letter that says "Dear Mr. Thompson, How's your summer going.... " from the same sender. Of course the deal of the week changes each week.

How can I make this happen? If there is a better way outside using excel to create pdfs, or a totally different method entirely. I'm all ears. I just need to send the information, and it not be able to be easily modified by the recipient.

I know there has to be a more efficient way to do this.

Thank you for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1014381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice