1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 Images Appear, Disappear, Reappear

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ArtChick, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtChick

ArtChick Thread Starter

I have a recurring issue that I'm hoping someone can help with. I have my Outlook 2010 settings set to not block any HTML/images in the Trust Center. But I still have frequent trouble with images no longer displaying in messages. They will be fine for awhile and appear as they should, but then they stop appearing. I don't get red x's though; I get little, white square icons that contain a circle, square, and triangle inside them where the images ought to be. Closing and restarting Outlook doesn't help at all. The only thing that does help is restarting my whole computer and then it's fine again. Sometimes it's fine for a day, sometimes for just a few hours...it varies. It's different every day. But then it always does it again.

I have Windows 7 and my computer is only a few months old. At first I used Windows Live because that is what came installed on the PC. That program was doing the same exact thing, so I purchased Outlook, thinking that WL was just buggy. But Outlook does it too and I have no idea how to fix it.

Then I thought maybe Norton was doing it, and since I was only using Norton because it came installed on this PC and I had a free year of it, I uninstalled that and use Webroot now, but that hasn't helped either.

Hoping someone here will have some ideas. My system info is below. I also use an online backup service called IDrive. Not sure if that would be a factor since I don't use the continuous backup option; rather I only backup once a day. And this Outlook problem happens at random times during the day, so I don't think it's related to the IDrive backup. But just adding that info in case it's relevant.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been plugging away at this issue almost since I got the PC. I have never had an issue I couldn't resolve on my own with just a little online research. But this one has me stumped...and frustrated. :confused:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8172 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 530, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1419105 MB, Free - 1344736 MB; D: Total - 11590 MB, Free - 1416 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AB5
    Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice