1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 IMAP issues

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by designedsilence, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. designedsilence

designedsilence Thread Starter

I am having a few issues with my IMAP work email setup on my home pc. I have my personal POP gmail setup and my work IMAP email setup on Outlook 2010. The gmail account works perfectly but my work email has issues.

I can't send emails. I try to "test account settings" and I get completed on both the IMAP login and the send test email and I get the test email in my inbox but when I actually try to send an email it doesnt go through.

I don't automatically get emails. I have to click on each folder to update emails.

Each time I click a folder to update outlook has to update cache messages.

I also get a send/receive error at the bottom often and when I click this it says outlook cant access the data file. I tried to create a new data file by renaming the old one and letting outlook make a new one but that didnt help.

This slows me down a great deal when I work from home so any guidance would be much appreciated.

Please help!

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

You need to work with your company's IT support so they can review your account and your settings, there is no way for us to tell if they are correct and autodiscover (if it is even set up) only works for outlook everywhere usually through a proxy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice