1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chredge, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chredge

chredge Thread Starter

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

:)

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

Attached Files:

3. chredge

chredge Thread Starter

Hi Again,

Thanks for your help and reply.

I think I may have nearly resolved my own issue. Somehow, in Outlook my original email account wasn't being displayed in the account setting screen. Whenever a new account was created with exactly the same details, this brought back numerous errors (because the account already existed but couldn't be seen). Anyway, long story short, I resolved this by deleting the Outlook profile in the Control Panel (which somehow deleted my invisible account) and created my account again.

Now, everything looks fine but when I click on send/receive it looks like it's retrieving EVERY email that there ever has been (in blocks of 270). There must be thousands of emails that it's attempting to send/receive. Is there anyway around this or some way to get Outlook to send/receive all emails in one large block (instead of me having to click send/receive every five minutes as this would take forever!)

Regards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1126333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice