1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 Macro

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by andrewmb, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewmb

andrewmb Thread Starter

I am looking for a macro that will go to a certain field in an open contact form. Specifically, I would like to be able to jump to the "User Field 1" located in the Miscellaneious Fields view of the All Fields tab. I want to assign the macro to a keyboard shortcut as well as attaching it to the QAT. I have recorded, worked with and modified macros in Excel and Word, but I have never attempted to write a macro in Outlook VBA. Eventually, I want to distribute this macro to other employees so everyone has the ability to view the field quickily, Some of the other users only have view rights (and not create or modify rights), but I wouldn't think it should affect the macro. I don't need guidancce on distributing the macro. Can anyone provide guidance on the macro and keyboard shortcut?

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Outlook doesn't have an OnKey event so the closest you will be able to get is to add a custom button to your toolbar that will be used to fire your code and then you could assign a shortcut to the button. This would look just like any of the other built in shortcut options in Outlook where the first letter is underlined and to fire the macro you would just press ALT + the letter you assigned. Does that sound like it would work for you?

Rollin

3. andrewmb

andrewmb Thread Starter

Rollin,

Thanks; however I think I empahsized the wrong question. I am more importantly looking for the code for the macro itself. That is where I relly need help.

Andrew

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice