1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 - Multiple Accounts Nightmare

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kirklott, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirklott

kirklott Thread Starter

Greetings.

I have 4 email addresses, which I’ll call SS (microsoft exchange), CC (pop3) and 2 gmail accounts. So - annoyingly - Outlook 2010 created 4 accounts. Previous versions of Outlook did NOT create separate accounts.

That means I have 3 calendars, 3 sets of contacts, 3 sets of notes, 3 task lists (1 each for SS, CC, and an account called Outlook associated with 2 gmail accounts)

Questions -

• I only want 1 account (1 calendar, 1 set of notes, 1 task list) How do I merge data into 1 consolidated account?
    • Outlook - annoyingly - has ‘suggested contacts’ for each account, in addition to contacts, which means I have SIX sets of contacts. I want 1.
    • It’s a disaster syncing with my iPhone - last time iPhone picked the wrong contacts list, and wiped all contacts off my phone.

Solutions? Thanks in advance!

2. draceplace

draceplace

That is the way I would expect outlook to handle this. Off the top of my head...To have one account in outlook, Use SS?, then set the other accounts with a rule to forward all emails to that email address. I have no idea if you can do that rule in gmail.

3. kirklott

kirklott Thread Starter

Thank you Dan.

Outlook didn't used to do this. But the Wizards at Microsoft, deciding they need to change stuff at random in order to get people to buy upgrade, made this change in 2010 and it's a NIGHTMARE. Do not get 2010 if you have multiple email accounts.

Any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice