1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 Receiving' reported error (0x80040154)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wwgirasol, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wwgirasol

wwgirasol Thread Starter

Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Office 2010 and for short while, Outlook was fine. Now not receiving emails...error message. Have tried new profile, also restored to an earlier system point, works for a bit, then reverts to same problem. Sends fine, does not receive. Windows XP.

2. prestonwanderer

prestonwanderer

Yup - I have exactly the same problem as described, using the same OS. Any ideas as to how to fix this ?

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Have you tried running a repair on the PST?

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\SCANPST.EXE"

4. prestonwanderer

prestonwanderer

Thanks Dave. The problem certainly seems to be related to pst files. I deleted any old such files from my desktop and parked current ones on a remote drive - uninstalled Office 2010 - reinstalled it and created a new profile - and it all works ok as of now. Trust that this joy is not shortlived !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/949355