1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010 reminders disappeared

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bendra, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bendra

Bendra Thread Starter

Running Outlook 2010 in Windows 8. All was well.
    To address not syncing with my idevices, I uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the icloud app.
    After bringing up Outlook, all the reminders on the right side of my screen have vanished.
    They are still in the calendars.
    Reminder options are checked
    I ran the outlook /resetfolders and the outlook /cleanreminders utilities, then re-booted.
    "Loading..." shows for about 10 seconds in the Reminders area. Then "no upcoming appointments".
    Verrrry frustrated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G645 @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3981 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1798 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 450050 MB, Free - 329168 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, MAHOBAY
    Antivirus: Computer Security, Updated and Enabled

2. Bankie

Bankie

Try the following:

Close Outlook.
    Bring up the run line. The keyboard shortcut is the Windows Key + R. You can also open the task manager, and select file > new task.
    Run the following, without the quotes: "outlook /cleanreminders."

This command should tell outlook to rebuild all reminders from your calendar. I believe the type of account may impact how this command works, but try it and let us know.

Good luck!

3. Bendra

Bendra Thread Starter

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that I ran that utility, and also outlook /reset folders, not using quotes. Neither has worked.

4. Bankie

Bankie

my bad i might not have read that line where you clearly said that you ran the command.

have you tried just rebuilding your Outlook profile?

also, does your email and calendar items get stored in a .pst or .ost file in your %appdata% folders? if so, you may want to try renaming that file while Outlook is closed, so it will create a new one. they often become corrupt. there is a scanpst.exe file in windows that you can use to repair the .pst file, but i think they did away with the scanost.exe tool with outlook 2010.

5. Bendra

Bendra Thread Starter

Renamed the original .pst file and brought Outlook up.
    No reminders. A long time was spent in "loading..." mode for reminders. Is that meaningful?
    Original calendar entries did not appear. I will fall back when I get home tonight from work.
    Thanking you for your help so far.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice