1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by spudley215, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spudley215

spudley215 Thread Starter

For the last three days I have been unable to compose emails in Outlook 2010. I can open a new one, type in a recipient, type a subject on the subject line....but that's it. My cursor does not appear in the body, hence I cannot type a message. Nor will it let me reply to other emails.
    My browser is Mozilla Firefox; I never use IE.
    Today I did my ccleaner, then rebooted. Now I have NO Outlook anywhere. I clicked on my laptop's "start" button and typed in "outlook" in the programs and....it's gone.
    Now my problem is two-fold. I need to get my hotmail account back and then, hopefully, be able to compose messages. HELP!!
    thank you.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what windows version ?
    have you tried a repair ?
    control panel > uninstall a program > office 2010

with Ccleaner are you allowing a registry clean ?
    we do not recommend using Ccleaner registry section

3. spudley215

Win7.
    I don't know what happens when I use ccleaner, but it's what I've been doing for a few years without incident.
    I have not tried a repair, but will do so now. What will I need to do to re-install as it came pre-installed with the laptop?

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You can't click in the body of the message?

5. spudley215

correct.

6. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

7. spudley215

it didn't work in IE. I've never heard of Opera, but I'll try it. This is what I got in Chrome: This webpage is not available. The server at by169w.bay169.mail.live.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventingGoogle Chrome from accessing the network.

8. spudley215

omg Tony ! I think I love you!!! It opened in Opera AND I can compose emails! Everything is there! But why can't I get it to open in Firefox ????

9. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Try running Firefox in safe mode.

10. spudley215

Yes! All is well once again. Hopefully it will stay this way, although I'd love to know what caused it.
    THANK YOU!!

11. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If it works in Firefox running in Safe Mode, that means you installed an add-on that broke it. Go through and start removing them until you find the culprit. Could also be a skin on the browser.

12. spudley215

"skin" ???

13. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Skin = Something to make the browser look different from the default.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice