1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2013 Crash - Data File Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hitchy, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitchy

hitchy Thread Starter

Hello,

I upgraded to Office 2013 and all of my accounts where automatically captured and added to 2013, this was very useful.

However ...

I tried to add another account and Office crashed. My computer has been doing similar things recently so I thought nothing of it. I restarted the computer and tried again.

To my surprise, Office crashed again.

When I opened Office again after another restart, it showed the 2 new accounts in the mail section on the left ribbon/column. This was obviously an error so I tried to delete them and start again.

In File > Account Settings, the 2 new accounts were not visible BUT these 2 accounts DID have data files. I thought if I deleted the data files (which I had to do manually) the accounts might be removed. I was wrong. Not only were the accounts not removed, but when I started Office again the data files returned, good as new.

Summary:

I am trying to delete 2 accounts (visible in the ribbon/column in the Mail section) which are not shown in the Account Settings, but both have a data file. Both data files cannot be removed.

Any help to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ali

2. spackler

spackler

If you right click on the account name in the ribbon/column in the mail section, there should be an option to remove "accountname"

Does that work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice