1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2013 Custom Form for new email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by whschimmel, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. whschimmel

whschimmel Thread Starter

I want to create a custom form to always show the outlook attachment field.

We work with a lot of PDF files and would like to be able to drag and drop PDF pages from Adobe Reader Pro to the message body of the new e-mail. This is exctracting a PDF page directly into a newly composed e-mail.

The described function above only works when there is already one attachment added, when a PDF page is extracted into the new e-mail message body and it is the first attachment Outlook 2013 does not attach the file,

Because of this reason I want to create a custom form for composing new e-mail messages, on this form I would like to always have the attachment field visible, even when empty.

I have been in the form editor, but the field is called "Attached", this field is nowhere to be found. I can add a field "Attachment", but this is a YES/NO field with a tickbox.

Does anyone have experience in how to do the above?

2. weirdtoys

weirdtoys

Hi,

you can use Formstack and online form builder you can upload images on the form.
    Go on the support site and check it helps you

3. whschimmel

not any way to do it without 3rd party software?

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    You do not need anything, just drag the attachment to the message and it's placed.
    Why all the form stuff?
    Depending on the mesage's format the attachment is either placed in the body or else in the Attachment bar

5. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    BTW have you tried designing the form yourself, you've got Outlook, activate the Developer menu and design your own form

6. whschimmel

FYI: I Can drag and drop files into the newly composed email, this works for all files including PDF.

But when I want to extract a PDF page from Adobe directly into my newly composed email this is not possible, only when there is already one or more attachments.
    So this is extracting a page from the Adobe Reader Pro page panel directly into a newly composed email
    [​IMG]

7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I have adobepro too, but I cannot find the option to extract one page to email, I can just extract one page and have to either save it and then add as attachment.
    I'm using version Adobe Professional 10.1.13.16

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice