Outlook 2016 stuck at "Processing" on start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wilbur

OK, so office is gone.
I got my Office 2016 from my employer but have since retired so I don't have my .com email anymore so I can't do a new install.
Waiting for the online tech support to see if going back to the last restore point will give me office back.
Been over an hour now, was transferred from Office hel to tech support and the wait continues ...

Wilbur

OK, well I tried 'system restore' to the date before the last windows updated and I DO have my MS Office back and seems to be working fine (knock on wood)

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sounds good. I will be watching my company's channel to see if they say what cause the Outlook issue they had today.

Wilbur

OK, post what you find when you find out.
I'm glad the restore worked, even though I spent about 5 hours on it...

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It looks like they had done updates on their end which caused the issue.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The wife had issue with her desktop but not with her laptop.
I did not have issues with any of my 3 machines.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Same with my user base. It wasn't affecting everyone, just some. It may be due to what updates you may or may not have too. The answer I saw was not specific.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
All of our machines were updated on Tuesday with the same updates.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online