1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2016 View

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ndennee, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ndennee

ndennee Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I have recently had an employee within my company who has been had outlook change view settings. She works at two different offices, and by the time she returns to the other office her view settings are changed. If she changes the view settings on one computer, will it reflect on the other computers outlook? I don't think it does but i'm not entirely sure.

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Which version of Office is she using? Any changes like that are usually client-side and don't reflect on any other workstations.

3. ndennee

ndennee Thread Starter

Office 2016

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If one is on a network and the user settings are linked to the network server, then yes, they will travel with the network user account.

We had this back in the 1990's when I was still a working stiff. I could log in on any machine in the company and my user setting were there and the company was very large and spread out.

lochlomonder likes this.
  5. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Dave,
    True, I was forgetting about roaming profiles. Boy, are those a pain in the tonsils.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    I could NOT remember what they were called, but you just remined what they are.
    Thanks

lochlomonder likes this.
  7. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

You're welcome, Dave. In my opinion, roaming profiles are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle, but that's just me ;)

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    But this was before WiFi and all of other nice things we have today.
    Back in 80's and 90's it was very useful, when one had to travel from site to site, within a BIG company.
    It really help out the IT people, as they had access to their tools where ever they were at.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214116

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice