1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Outlook 2016

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Oceana908, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

I have just installed Outlook 2016. I have connected it to my isp's webmail which is IMAP. It has brought all the relevant emails in to Outlook but has left them on the server. The whole reason I installed Outlook was to clear the server. If I delete them from the server to Trash it synchronizes in my Outlook. Is there a solution?

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Yes. The solution is to use POP instead.

3. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can you tell me how to change it to POP? When it installed it searched and automatically made the setting.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

IMAP is synchronization. POP allows for download and deletion from the server. Does your ISP' have a POP server? If they do, they'll have the settings you need.

5. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

Okay, thanks I will get in touch with them. I think they would have as years ago I used Mailwasher and emails came in and off the webmail to my old Outlook Express. :)

6. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

I have contacted my ISP and they have given me all information needed and all is good now. Thank you. Not sure where to mark this solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice