1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2k3 BCM Installation Freeze

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by demaratus, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demaratus

demaratus Thread Starter

Hi, I'm having a problem installing MS Business Contact Manager (BCM). When I try to install the software, it goes through the entire process of multiple wizard screens, including registry updates etc, and hangs at an overall progress screen (at about 5.5cm of progress on a 1280x1024 18" screen, ok, I know that's anal but wanted to give as much detail as possible). I look into the task manager, and there is about 2-3% cpu activity in services.exe, winlogon.exe, and taskmgr.exe and 90% on system idle. There are 4 instances of msiexec.exe that that never get any cpu.

In short, I have a 1.3GHz/512MbRAM/big hds machine running XP Pro. I have Outlook 2003, and am using a non-exchange profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice