1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Outlook 365 turn off Peek

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DaveA, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    On the wife's machines, some how a column has been added on the left side of the listing of emails, it shows at the top "Today", then lower "a day of the week" and then below that "Older"

I did something and it pop up a "Peek" of the calendar. So I think this is related to the Peek function.

She would like to get rid of this column as it adds nothing for her use.
    I do not have this showing on my machines.

2. britekguy

britekguy

If it's literally showing as a column, which I've never seen, you can simply right click on the column heading and then choose Remove This Column from the context menu presented.

I am completely accustomed to the grouping of conversations by date, and those date groups are indicated on the left, but not as an individual column per message. It's the default view for conversations. If one does not choose to view by conversations the view does change.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Do you mean this?

upload_2019-11-16_14-11-41.png
    upload_2019-11-16_14-13-31.png

This is normal if you are sorting by date received.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    James, yes that is what started showing. We have always listed by date received.
    Britekguy, the column is NOT included in the list to be turned off.

Well she found that her listing was "Compacted" and by turning it off they disappeared.

Edit:
    go to the View tab, left side of ribbon, click Change View and there you can select a different display

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Glad you guys found the option.. though I don't know how to turn it off.. I'm on compact list :) not that I mind, I was trying to recreate the solution.

6. britekguy

britekguy

I've never had any version of Outlook since at least 2007 fail to present the fields shown in the screenshot by @Couriant. They're the default presentation for messages or conversations (threads) sorted by date. You have to go through gyrations I've never gone through to get rid of them.

Personally, I find them very helpful as far as finding something recent quickly "by eye scan." By the time I get to "older" I know a search is in order if I haven't seen something that rings a bell that I'm looking for.

7. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    We have been using Outlook since it came on the FREE CD with Outlook 95 (I Think) on it.
    We go through and get rid of things like "Groups" lines between emails and etc.
    We like a clean looking list.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice