outlook 97

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SJA

Hi

Have recently upgraded to Windows 98 using outlook express for my email. Previously using Outlook 97.

Tried to go back into Microsoft Exchange to retrieve my emails and addresses and I get the following fatal error

Etended MAPI 1.0 for windows 95 used an unititialized function pointer.
Module Name: MAPI32X.DLL
Description: Etended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95
Version: 4.0
Product: Microsoft Windows Operating System

Application Name: Exchng32.exe
Description: Micorsoft Exchange EXE
Version 5.0.1457.3
Product: Microsoft Exchange

Any help appreciated
Sheryl

I experienced the same problem once, but it was with Outlook and not Outlook Express. I upgraded from Windows 95 to Windows 98, and when I went to open Outlook, I received a similar Mapi32.dll error. I did not do too much research on the problem; I just re-installed Outlook and all went well. My suggestion would be to re-install Outlook Express to see if that works.

SJA

Melissa

Thanks for your reply. I cant have made myself clear, it is OUTLOOK 97 that I get the error with, trouble is I cant reinstall it as I dont have the CD anymore, and i really need the addresses and some of the messages that are still sitting in there somewhere.

Regards
Sheryl:confused:

Anne Troy

Anne
Sorry, SJA, I got a little lost there too.

You said you previously used Outlook 97.

What are you trying to use now? And why are you trying to use Exchange? Is this at work? Generally, Exchange is only used at work as it is software that distributes email from a network server.

Assuming you're at home:

Look for files called *.PST. These will be your email file(s) from Outlook 97. If you no longer have 97, and cannot get whatever you're using now to File-Import-from a personal folder file, then you may need to find someone who DOES have Outlook 97 or greater and ask them to export the data for you into a format that is under File-Import in your new email.

I've got access to all versions of Outlook and could export this stuff for you if you get into a bind. Of course, the file could be quite large if you had lots of emails stored in it.

Let me know what's going on. Open your new email program, and hit Help-About and tell us what version of Outlook Express you have.

Oops. More:

Outlook Express is a component of Internet Explorer. If you're not using Internet Explorer 6.0, you could upgrade to get the most recent version of Outlook Express (6.0) also. When you upgrade, it may ask you if you want to import mail from previous blah, blah, and you could pick Outlook. Or, you may now be able to hit File-Import and find the personal folder file(s)...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts