1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 98 form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dr Jeep, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Thread Starter

how do i get values from an access database into outlook 98 forms combo boxes?

I don't need to write any values back to the access database as i am sending the form via e-mail.

anyone who can help me out there, it would be much appreciated.

Dr Jeep

:confused:

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Doc: You will be far better off doing a mail merge between Word and Access. Then, when you hit Merge, instead of choosing to merge to a New document (which is default and most used), choose Electronic mail. It will ask you what field in the DB contains the email address you want to email to. And it'll let you send as an attachment or as body of email.

3. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Thread Starter

Dreamboat; thanks for the advice. Maybe however I didn't make it clear what I am trying to achieve. I have a database which contains values for various different things, none of which are e-mail addresses. The idea is that the outlook form looks up these various values and fills the combos on the outlook form. My 'read' page will then show me the values the user on our network has chosen, the e-mail address will always be me, so i think mail merge is not the answer i am truley looking for. As i have also mentioned before the user filling out the form has no need to write back to the database, so just a 'lookup' from the database would do fine.

Thanks anyway, and if you or anyone else has a suggestion on how to do this within outlook 98 I will be watching this thread with interest.

Dr Jeep.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Ah. I see. You said: "I don't need to write any values back to the access database as i am sending the form via e-mail."

It indicated to me that you weren't getting anything BACK. Forms in Access, for instance, are as much for viewing as for data entry. Sounded like you were just sending this out and that's it.

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Oh. I need to know what version of Access...

6. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Thread Starter

Sorry, am new to using forums should have thought first....
    I am using outlook 98 for my forms with the combos on. The version of access is 97 from which i need to get data into the outlook forms combo boxs.

Appologies once again and thanks for your time to look at this for me.

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  8. Dr Jeep

Dr Jeep Thread Starter

cool, will look into this further. Many Thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice