1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 98 Picture Display Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Parev, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Parev

Parev Thread Starter

I have Outlook 98 Picture Display Problem when I receive an email with picture attached I only see 'x' but no picture.when I send the same email or forward it to someone else dthey are able to see the pictures.any help appreciated.thanks.

2. dojidave

dojidave

i've got exactly the same problem mate, but on outlook xp :confused:

wish i could help you but i've not a clue why this has started to happen, it was fine one day & faulty the next. the only thing that might have happened was windows updates :eek:

please, please, anyone here who knows outlook advise us ;)

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

Are the pictures actually attached, or are they linked from another storage location - if what you are getting are linked files, you may be getting them blocked for security reasons.

4. Krash

Krash

If you are talking about Outlook 97, then this is a common problem. I have never heard of Outlook 98 unless its for a Mac. For Windows, with the right keywords am positive the steps to resolve could have been pulled up from various websites :p. Infact it was addressed in this forum.

To address the issue : This happens cuz the temp folder where Outlook stores the pictures (apart from all the other attachments) has too many files.

In Windows XP the folder for Outlook 2000 to 2003 is at

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*.

The OLK directory will end in a series of numbers.

Outlook 2007 uses

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content. Outlook\ 8A0VMD3A, where 8A0VMD3A can be any random

characters.

Vista moves the Temp Internet folder to

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\,

so you'll need to look there for the OLK or Content.Outlook folder.

You can find the location of the folder by looking in the registry at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security, look at

the value for OutlookSecureTempFolder. You can change the folder to point to

a new location, but be sure the new folder exists before changing it in the

registry.

Note: 12.0 reflects the version of Outlook: i.e., Outlook 2007. Use 10.0 for

Outlook 2002 and 11.0 for Outlook 2003. For Outlook 2000 it would be 9.0 and for Outlook 97 it would be 8.0.

5. dojidave

dojidave

thanks for replies guys.

don't ask me how but with no action on my part it's working again, went as it came... wierd, the only events were windows updates :eek: ...

think i might go ubuntu ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice