Outlook account settings from XP harddrive only

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
Hi,

i have a XP drive which had outlook on
i can copy the PST file
BUT how can I find out all the account settings

its an NTLBusiness email address and nothing on the web

The outlook - has a .srs file - which I believe is the account send/receive settings - but how can i read it to find out the
pop
smtp
and also the ports and the SSL etc settings

or a link to the
NTL Business email settings for a @NTLBusiness.com account
which is now virginmedia - but i cant find the details

i know its
pop(3).ntlbusiness.com
and
SMTP.ntlbusiness.com

just nor sure of other settings
OR
if i can use
imap

thanks for any help

Triple6

Rob
You could trying Exporting the settings from the old computer and importing them into the new one. You should be able to load the software hive on the new computer to get the required keys.

Here's the key's you would want: http://www.wintips.org/backup-restore-outlook-account-settings/

But if there is no email in the accounts webmail then I would suspect they had used POP, but switching to IMAP might be the way to go if the ISP/mail provider supports it and then all the email will be saved on the servers and accessible by their other devices.

EDIT: Appears this is an old account that may only support POP.

Also, if it's pre-2010 you could also grab their .NK2 file to bring over their nicknames/autocomplete entries.

etaf

Wayne
Thanks for that - looks useful info for future, as all i have now, is the harddrive from the XP PC , so i dont know how to look at the registry settings info on that harddrive from another PC.

I tested the account today, and setup POP all OK , imap did not work :( :(
basic pop settings, no encryption, no security and standard 110,25 ports

etaf

Wayne
Thanks - I will have a look at that over next few days, for the future

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online