1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Address book and contacts.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by caminator, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

I opened my address book up and edited it (adding and deleting anyone I wanted/didn't want). I then closed the address book, and went into outlook and clicked on Contacts. It still shows everything I just deleted, and doesn't show anything new.

I was under the impression the Address Book and Contacts were the same thing. Apprarently not! Anyway, I selected all my contacts, and deleted them. Now my contacts are empty, but my address book is full and what I would like to use. How do I get all those "contacts" from my address book into the Contacts folder within Outlook so when I'm composing an email, I can hit on the New email, then to the TO..(to bring up my contacts)

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Have you tried File>Import in Outlook?

3. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

Do you know where the personal address books are stored on the PC?

4. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

I have everyone I want in my Contact in a distribution list. Is there a way to take aall of those contacts from the DL and make them individual contacts?

5. bassetman

Here is the location of mine:
    C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

6. bassetman

I don't know what Distribution List you are referring to.

7. missdaisy

missdaisy

Good evening all I am new here and hope that I can explain what I want to do. I am a business owner and have a 509 page/4500 name printed mailing list that Id like to somehow scan or whatever to my oe address book Is there someway to do this without typing out all those 4500 names/address? any help will be appreciated...missdaisy

8. bassetman

Misdaisy, Welcome to TSG!
    You will be better served if you start a new thread with your questions, so no one gets confused about who they are anwsering or which question.
    Depending on what format your address list is in, you should be able to import it into Outlook Express.

9. missdaisy

missdaisy

thank you I will

10. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Caminator:

To my knowledge, if you are running Internet Mail Only (for home use mostly), then address book and contacts are the same.

If you are running Corporate Workgroup (for work/exchange server only), then it is NOT.

Please clarify. To find out, hit Help-About Outlook. It should say IMO or CW...

Also, see this article:

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/pabimport.htm

11. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

Dreamboat,

Thank you for the reply. The problem I am having here is that when I try to Import (which I had previously tried this) I cannot find my .pab file. I did a search for *.pab which included the hidden files and folders, and it comes back with 0 results.

This is very strange because when i go into Outlook 2002, I can click on "Tools" - "Address Book" and it comes up with my addresses. These addresses are what I want to move into my contacts folder.

If this matters, I am on a Domain, using POP3 mail/ This is NOT exchange mail!

12. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Then you did not HAVE a PAB file, or an address book.

You have CONTACTS. Matter of fact, in 2000, when I click on the address book, I see my Contact folders.

If this is not the same in Outlook XP, then I'm sorry. I don't have it installed and likely never will. I hate it. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice