Outlook address book from WinME to XP Home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cowboy622

I had WinME for several years and while I still had no problem I installed WinXP home so I would have the same system as my wife. Since changing to XP I have been able to share a printer (which I could never get to work using two systems) I have three partitions. I had WinMe on the C: drive, and when I installed WinXP, it went on the E:/ drive. I have no problems and I have the Outlook program working but I have not been able to copy the *.pst file from the C:/ drive to the right place on the E: drive in XP.
I have all my e-mail addresses in the contact folder on outlook but they do not show up in the address book. How do I copy them from the contacts folder to the address book?

bearone2

Banned
i export the address book from within outlook to a floppy and then import it back when/where i need to.

it 's done the same way out/in, in outlook express.

i don't mess with the pst file.

bearone2

Banned
i export the address book from within outlook to a floppy and then import it back when/where i need to.

it 's done the same way out/in, in outlook express.

i don't mess with the pst file.

Cowboy622

I wish I'd done that before I installed the XP. Now the Outlook on the C: drive doesn't work so I'm hoping I can copy something from WinME on C:\ to XP on E:\. I did save my favorites from Internet explorer that way.

bearone2

Banned
that's one i forgot to mention but i have that one too.

good luck, pst may be the only way if you can access it.

Cowboy622

Maybe you can help me again. I still get the error message initially but when I click on the "To" on my e-mail I get a pop-up labeled "Contacts" with nothing in it. When I click on the down arrow, I have a choice of the Outlook Address Book, (also with no entries), the Contact folder already up with no entries, and a second Contact folder with everything in it. How do I delete the first contact folder so it defaults to the second one which contains all my addresses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online