Outlook Address Book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

strtrcr88

I installed XP over ME and lost the address books that i had with ME. Is there anyway to get it back???

Thanks

Miz

If it's Outlook and not Outlook Express, all the data is stored in one file, "outlook.pst." It's probably still on the harddrive somewhere, so do a search for it.

Once found, open Outlook, go to File>Import and Export and step through the wizard, pointing it at that outlook.pst you found as the file to import from.

If it's Outlook Express, the address book is stored in a ".wab" file so do a search for "*.wab" (without the quotes, with the asterisk and the dot). It should be named either "default user.wab" or your user name followed by .wab.

Once found, use Outlook Express's File>Import to import it back into the program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online