1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook and Explorer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bradstard, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bradstard

Bradstard Thread Starter

Hello, I have a problem that has me completely baffled. I recently moved a computer to a new location (thanks for the help on that one) and it's already got a new problem. When I try to use internet explorer or Outlook Express, it won't let my type anything in the message boxes. I had to type this on a different computer because the other one won't even show the text cursor when I click on the text boxes. That means I can't type out the body of the Email, the subject and address lines still work. It only seems to happen with boxes below the tool bar line. The same happens in Internet Explorer, I could type the address in to the address bar, and I could click on all the links, but I couldn't enter any text below the address bar. Does anybody have any idea why that could be? By the way, I've just got to say what a good idea this board is. You guys have helped me out more times than I can count. Thanks in advance!

2. Bradstard

Bradstard Thread Starter

Oh, I forgot to mention that I get an error message when I open outlook express....I'm not sure if it is related or not, I think it said "error 29". I click OK and everything seems to work normally, except of course for the problem mentioned above....

3. Del

Del

What Operating System are you running and what version of OE?

4. Bradstard

Bradstard Thread Starter

Windows 98 SE

is that what you mean?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice