1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook and PDF's printing slow

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Patrick1111, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Patrick1111

Patrick1111 Thread Starter

I have a user who is experiencing problems printing from Outlook and any PDF's. Specifically when he clicks "Print" the hourglass just hangs for anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds before the Print Dialogue box pops up. When he goes to print out of Word or Excel he does not have the same problem - only with Outlook and Adobe. I've reinstalled print drivers and run updates, but nothing works. This is his local printer, not networked. I appreciate any suggestions...

System info:
    Windows XP sp3
    Intel Core 2
    2 G ram
    Dell D620 laptop
    Dell 1700 printer

2. dab7222

dab7222

Check the print settings in Adobe. There should be a setting called something like Print as Image. If it is checked uncheck it. (If it isn't checked, check it and see if that helps.)

3. Patrick1111

Thanks. I tried that, but the problem persists.

4. dab7222

dab7222

What version of Outlook and Adobe is he using?

5. Patrick1111

Outlook 2007 SP2, Adobe Reader 9.4.1

6. dab7222

dab7222

Have you checked the virus software? Another possibility is that you may need to delete the OutlPrnt file in C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\AppData\Microsoft\Outlook.

I discovered on a website that "if you are using a Dell laptop with Media Direct, uninstall the Outlook Setup Addin (Cyberlink). This add-in not only slows Outlook down, but also turns all meeting requests into recurring meeting requests."

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice