1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook attachment delayed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MsWiz18, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsWiz18

MsWiz18 Thread Starter

I have worked on an issue for about 6 months with a customer, and am at my wits end. I wondered if you have any suggestions.
    When sending an email and they click on the paperclip to attach a file everything is fine, until they click on the arrow by "look in" or click on the up arrow, or click on an icon on the left it takes almost 2 minutes to react, much less attach a file.
    I have reinstalled office pro 2003, applied all SPs, any searches on Microsoft all refer back to a service pack that has already been applied.
    The laptop runs fine otherwise. I can go to a file and right click and say "send to recipient" and it attaches quickly. It is on a new or reply email.
    It is a stand alone laptop, might be a memory issue, it only has 512MB, but he doesn’t use it for anything but email and internet. I monitored the cpu and memory usage while the issue was going on, and it didn’t come even close to spiking

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice