1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook calendar dates are all missing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jobear, Oct 28, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. jobear

jobear Thread Starter

I always sync my iPhone with outlook 2016 so we have correct calendars on all devices (two phones-two tablets)
    I noticed that my outlook calendar is now missing all the data and appointments that were there a short time ago.
    All of the data remains the same on the phone but doesn't sync with the computer nor does the computer erase the data from the iPhone.
    At my wits end.....thanks in advance

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Instead of turning yourself old and gray trying to keep a calendars synced on a slew of different devices, why not simply use the same single online Calendar from whatever device you want? https://calendar.google.com

3. jobear

jobear Thread Starter

I am probably going to use the iCloud from Apple if I can't get the issue fixed, thanks

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

That's fine. Whatever will float your boat and save your hair. ;)

5. britekguy

britekguy

What version of Outlook are you using and is the calendar itself resident in the cloud (as it could be for Office 365) or is the "master calendar" on one of your own machines?

In any case, it's clear that the synchronization function has broken down. I would focus on going through the sync configurations again both on the calendar (as in who/what can access it) and the devices that are trying to access it.

I use Google Calendar, but if you use Google Calendar other than through its web interface and/or Android app, and many do, you still have to set up a synchronization function.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I never trust Mail app with an Outlook account or vice versa because of this reason... the sync breaks and causes issues, like duplications.

If your email account is an Outlook account, download the Outlook App for free from the App Store and connect your account to that. that should fix the syncing issue.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice