1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Calendar using Exchange Server

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nik007, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nik007

nik007 Thread Starter

Hi,

When I overlay say the meeting room calendar with my default exchange calendar, I notice that it seems to default the meeting room calendar as my main calendar. So everytime I create an appointment or try to add one, it automatically attempts to save this in the meeting room calendar. If the calendars are in side-by-side view then my exchange calendar remains the default.

Anyone know how i can keep my exchange calendar as default when the calendars are in overlay stack view?

Thanks in advance

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

In overlay view, one is able to see all the event on all calendars at once, however they are still different calendars and each one has its own tab.
    You must select your calendar (and thus bring it to the forefront) when creating events. However if you click an area where an event is already scheduled on the other calendar, then it will think you mean to edit it and will bring the other calendar to the forefront, as a result your new event will be on the wrong calendar. In that instance, take the calendars out of overlay view to properly schedule your event.
    The bottom line is that your default calendar is ignored if you physically select a different calendar to create a new event, no matter what view you are using.

3. nik007

nik007 Thread Starter

Hi, thank you for your reply. I understand totally what you have mentioned above. The problem I have is. Even if I select my calendar and thus bring it forefront, if say I close outlook and reopen, it seems to default back to the other calendar. So in other works my calendar is not remaining as the default calendar when using the overlay view.

I would like to insure that my calendar is the default in overlay view

Hope that makes sense?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice