1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook - can not save gif file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Vette1, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vette1

Vette1 Thread Starter

When I receive an animated gif file via e-mail I can not save it by right clicking. I have Win XP and Outlook 2000. I right click the gif picture, select SAVE AS, but can only save the picture as a bmp. I click the pull down, but only get the bmp file option.

Any suggestions on what can be done to get the gif option in the Save as type box using Outlook? I have re-installed Explorer 6 with service pack 1, but that did not help.

Thanks.

2. RandyG

RandyG

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

You should have an option in Save As type box to select All Types (*.*)

select that, and make sure that in the File Name box you add the .gif extension at the end of the filename

3. Vette1

Vette1 Thread Starter

That is the problem. The only option I have in the "Save As Type" box is bmp. When I click the pull down it only shows bmp, and no other option.

Thanks.

4. RandyG

RandyG

5. Vette1

Vette1 Thread Starter

The gif file is on the e-mail as an animated picture. I installed Outlook XP 2002 thinking a newer version would fix my problem, but it did not.

6. RandyG

RandyG

That's the problem then. Ask whoever sent you the mail to send another one, but this time with the gif as an attachment.

7. Vette1

Vette1 Thread Starter

When the gif picture is attached as a file there is no motion. In order to keep the motion when it is attached to the e-mail it must be attached as a picture, which is how it was sent. I should be able to right click, and save the picture as a gif and keep the motion to be used later on another e-mail. I must have some background settings wrong, but do not know where to look.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113162

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice