1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you..." - W10/O16

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by danuk459, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danuk459

danuk459 Thread Starter

Hi,

This seems to be a very common issue around the internet but none of the methods I have tried so far have worked.

This is the error message: (It appears when clicking on outlook).
    "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange Information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange Information service."

Once the message has been viewed Outlook will then close and it will repeat this circle each time Outlook is clicked.

This is on a Windows 10 machine and using Office 2016 to add a new profile, so this is not using an existing profile that has decided to stop working, it is a new machine.

I have tried:
    - Removing the profile it created
    - Starting in Safe mode
    - Running outlook.exe /resetnavpane
    - Deleting all keys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles\Outlook
    - Adding ExcludeHttpsRootDomain to the registry
    - Adding PreferLocalXML to Autodiscover in the registry with an .xml
    - Running repair on Office
    - Uninstalling and reinstalling Office

I've also tried:
    Open your profile directory location like so
    C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\16
    Change {username} to the name of your profile on the PC you are using.
    Now locate the following file “AutoD.{youremailaddress}.xml”
    Cut the file and paste it to a temp location.

But the folder "16" does not exist. I am not sure if this is the underlying problem or whether this is just because there is a problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide

2. danuk459

danuk459 Thread Starter

This issue has been solved. Turns out it was to do with the certificates on our exchange server.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213437

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice