1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook contacts

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by StanC, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I'd like to send my contacts (in one of my contact folders) in Outlook - as an e-mail attachment. How do I do that?

StanC

2. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

Attach object, and choose contact.

3. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Thanks Blaq - that simple?
    I'll try it

StanC

4. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

OK Blaq - the problem, I guess, is that I am not as computer savvy as my wife thinks I am.

After I click on the "paper clip" icon - what come up is the WORD directory. How do I find the list of folders in OUTLOOK/contacts, in order to choose the folder that I want to attach?

StanC

5. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi Stan,
    Instead of clicking the paper clip icon, go to Insert/Item. It should open up your list of Outlook folders and then you can choose the Contacts folder and select the contact you're trying to send. Hope that helps.

6. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Thanks WendyM
    I tried - but when I click the insert menu (while in a new OUTLOOK message screen) - the menu selections do NOT inlcude ITEM. It does include OBJECT - but that only allows browsing . Can you be more specific?
    StanC

7. Lochworks

Lochworks

Stan, just right-click on the Contact and choose "Forward". A new email message will open up with the contact as an attachment.

8. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

Lochworks
    You're a genius. That will work for me - I'll have to do that for every contact in a contact folder - which is OK. But is there a way to do the same thing for a FOLDER - in one fell swoop?

StanC

9. Lochworks

Lochworks

Hit CTRL - A to highlight all the contacts, then choose to forward them. Holding down the CTRL key while clicking on ones you don't want will "un-highlight" them. Glad I could help.

10. StanC

StanC Thread Starter

That did it. Many thanks

StanC

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice