Outlook continuously sends same email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IANMAC22

On separate machines, both Outlook 2003 and 2007 have recently started continuously and repeatedly sending the same email - if it exceeds about 500K.

I have totally cleared 'Sent Mail' folders, with no change.

Only way to stop sending is to delete from 'Outbox'. As there is no way to know (AFAIK) whether one, two or more copies have been transmitted, recipients are getting several copies before I guess that at least one has gone, and I delete from Outbox.

I have noticed that the "Preparing to send ..." stage takes a lot longer than usual.

Problem is no different for an email that I originate or a received one that I forward.

I have run virus, malwarebytes etc and machines show clean. Advice welcome!

If you have an anti-virus program scanning outgoing email, disable it and see if that helps.

samtooth6

You really need to remove your email address.

If your mailbox folders ( inbox- sent- deleted items) are large, move some messages
to other folders or delete some. You might even delete temporary internet files.

Augie65

Thanks for the info. Deleted a bunch of emails and now it's working fine. Guess I'm accumulating too much junk. Thanks for your help.

Samtooth

One last question..........what did you mean when you said I should remove my email address?

In post #2 you listed your email address. You shouldn't do that on any forum or
publicly. Some could harvest your email address for spam. Just click the Edit button
below the #2 post and delete your address.

If you don't see the word, look at the bottom right of your #2 post and there should
be the words in color
Edit
Quote +
Just click on Edit and you can delete your email address

Got it.......many thanks. Can't believe it but now have a much more serious problem with another PC. Never rains but then it POURS. Thanks again.

IANMAC22

Problem resolved!
I had also raised the problem with my ISP's helpline, who responded (after 3 days!):-
"We did have some data transfer issues earlier in the week which may have caused your issue, these problems were wrapped up around this time yesterday though so please can you re test your email and advise if you are still suffering the same issue?"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online