Outlook default email check before sending????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tonyacardo

Outlook checks on several email accounts for me at one time. I have selected a default email to send emails with but if I am in another email accounts folder it sends them from that accounts email address.
This means that if I forget to check what account I am in I can end up sending emails from a few different email addresses I have.

I end up getting replies to emails in the wrong inbox because they reply to the email I sent the original message from.

Is there anyway to get Outlook to query me about emails I send that are not from the default account.
So, if I wasn't in the default account Outlook would ask me if I really wanted to send it from whatever account I am in.

Hopefully that would prompt me to switch to the proper account.

I just emailed my boss from my admin account on a blog I own. I wish I hadn't done that because now she might ask me about it. Even worse, she may want to get involved with my work on it.

etaf

Wayne
what version of outlook
and how are the accounts setup ? IMAP or POP

I found this issue on various clients when I changed all the accounts to IMAP
even having setup the default account

Very frustrating, not looked into in any great detail
but as i keep/move all emails from specific people in just one account , it does become an issue when replying

It is not ideal, but maybe it can work for you. Takes some getting used to, but it isn’t very burdensome. This will create a Send From Account button, which you can position beside the New E-Mail button, and use it to start a New E-Mail, it prompts to Select the Account to use.

Enable your Developer Tab

The vba code:
‘ from http://www.slipstick.com/developer/s...cific-account/
‘added only mysend inputbox variable
‘it will bring up your accounts one at a time,
‘OK to select the account to Send From,
‘Cancel to not use the account shown
‘if all are Cancelled- no New Email is started’

Choose Visual Basic from the Developer tab, and paste this code in the window, and close window.

Public Sub New_Mail()
Dim oAccount As Outlook.Account
Dim oMail As Outlook.MailItem

For Each oAccount In Application.Session.Accounts
mysend = InputBox(oAccount, "Send From", oAccount)

If oAccount = mysend Then
Set oMail = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)
oMail.SendUsingAccount = oAccount
oMail.Display
End If
Next
End Sub

From http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/macrobutton.htm
Create a Button on the Ribbon.
Select the Home Ribbon, (where you’d normally click on New E-Mail)
Create a New Group from the Options>Customize the Ribbon selection.
Right Click on the New Group (Custom) and choose Rename, Name it Accounts
Move the new Accounts Group all the way up to just under Home (Mail)
Select Macros from the Choose Commands From selection and select the New_Mail marcro
With Accounts group selected, click Add
Right Click group and Choose Rename, select icon, and rename Send From Account

Links to the code, and creating a custom button info are provided.
Attached is a pic of the toolbar with the new Account Group and Send From buttons.
Good luck if you think this can help.

Attachments

tonyacardo

I have not had time to try it yet, but I will, soon, and I will report back to the board. Sorry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online