1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Displays Attachment Icon but no Attachment

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by WebGomer, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebGomer

WebGomer Thread Starter

I am using Outlook 2003 and my issue is that when I receive image attachments, I will see the paper clip icon next to the email in the inbox but when viewing the email the attachment is not there - it will however appear after a minute or two. This happens with emails I place in other folders too.

I am running CA AV and Firewall and have tride snoozing the AV to see if that helps, which it doesn't. I have also tried momentarily disabling the firewall - no help.

Any ideas?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. WebGomer

WebGomer Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll do some more digging. I have tried disabling all of my security and scanning software and even trying all that from safe mode. Like I said, the attachment will appear after amoment or two - that is what makes it so weird. Whether 5-6kb or a meg in size makes no difference.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice