1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook e-mail drops POP3 incoming server

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by James Fonger, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Fonger

James Fonger Thread Starter

My e-mail runs well after booting up. I use Outlook 2003 with Windows SP2 firewall on and Norton anti-virus on my incoming mail. Our parental filter does not filter e-mail. The machine goes through a router to a DSL connection. The time out setting has been increased to the maximum 10 minutes.

The machine will lose the incoming POP3 mail server after several hours and give that error message. Rebooting corrects the problem for awhile. Sending normal size PDF file attaachments can also cause the problem and it seemed worse when I had Norton Firewall 2005 installed so I removed it for the time being. The problem happens on multiple desktops on this machine.

This is a very bothersome problem and I need to know what else to check or adjust to get rid of it. Ideally I would like to re-install Norton Firewall once the e-mail runs well without it. I anxiously await your suggestions.
    --
    James Fonger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice