1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook E-Mail .wav Files

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jimtalbert, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimtalbert

Jimtalbert Thread Starter

I get e-mail messages in Outlook XP with sound files in them that play when I view the message. I would like to copy and save or delete some of these files. How do I find them in the message?

2. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

Saving Embedded Background Sounds in OE message

to save background sounds embedded into an email, onto your hard drive....in OE....Open Tools > Options > Send.

......Change both Mail sending formats to plain text
    ......uncheck box ; "reply to message using format they were sent" click APPLY......Open the message you want to grab the sound from and click on Forward. This opens a "new mail" window with the background wav file visible.....

(The sound files will appear as attachments to the forwarded message. From here you have access to the actual wav file,.... you can open it, then save it to where ever you want......then close the new mail message ......now just remember to reset any HTML settings that you changed.)

I just did this and it works fine in Win ME, with IE 5.5....

3. Jimtalbert

Hi, phoneguy55. Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it appears to relate to Outlook Express and I'm using plain Outlook.
    Interesting handle. Are you a Bell company phone guy?

4. phoneguy55

phoneguy55

oops....missed the fact that it wasn't OE...but since I didn't know how to do what you were talking about,.....it prompted me to find out....thanks for helping me learn something I'd been meaning to do for a while.

I never used Outlook, but with some modifications do you think the same idea might work?

( as per name.......Yes,.....Verizon field tech....18 years....)

5. Jimtalbert

The Tool menu items are different in the two apps so I wasn't able to make the changes you suggested. Sorry.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice