1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook email access times

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jerold, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerold

Jerold Thread Starter

I recently intalled some updates to office and XP's SP2. I don't really know which update caused this to happen, but now whenever I go into my inbox to reply to an email that has been in the inbox for a while, it comes up with a little box that says that a program is trying to access email addresses that you stored in outlook. SDo you want to allow this? Then it has a check box to select how much time I would like to allow access for.

THe only problem is that if I have a file that I want to send and I use the right-click - send email option to send a file, when I compose the email and send it, since I never went thru the process of allowing access (as mentioned above) it doesn't send anything and I have to go thru the process again manually the long method.

Does anyone know what this is called by outlook so I can look up any help in customizing it's settings or if anyone has any links that explain it further. I just don't know what to look up for this topic.

I am using Outlook 2002 SP3 and the email editor that I am composing emails in is WORD.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice