1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook email filtering and rule making problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by megavolt, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megavolt

megavolt Thread Starter

I have been having the most unusual problem with Outlook junk email filter and rule making, and I have a feeling that the two problems are actually one of the same, although I could be wrong.
    I've made a few rules which are suppose to move emails that arrive from a certain account to a certain folder. For some reason some of these rules copy the email to the folder instead of moving it. I have double and triple checked the way I wrote the rules but they refuse to work correctly (other rules that I made the same way do work properly). I even deleted all the rules and started over, but for some reason some continue not to work properly. I have the same problem with one or two rules where I use certain words in the subject area to determine where they get moved to, but once again they only get copied there and not totally moved.

My junk mail filter seems to be acting up also. Not always are my blocked email addresses blocked. I can get the same spam from the same address one after the other even though the address is listed in my "blocked email" list.

Can someone please shed some light on the matter?
    Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/602909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice