Outlook Email Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plodr

Liz
Ah, Mystery solved! Thanks Virginia. I just looked and I have everything turned off.

LJFried

I realize that you are all probably getting tired of my stupid questions but I have no idea how to do a screen shot. Goddess, my "Focused Inbox" is currently in the on position -- I mean moved to the right side --, not like the screen shot you posted. Should I change it?

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
It should be deselected if it’s off. I’m using Edge so settings may be different.
I see you have Edge, it may be beneficial to use that while trying to discover the problem.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK, so Outlook you are referring to is the outlook.com website. All browsers should see the same format.

So the original issue was that a friend sent you an email but you did not receive it in the inbox. Did you use the search function on top to find the email?

Did your friend mention of getting any bounce back? Is your friend also on outlook.com (or any email address from Microsoft? (i.e. hotmail, msn.com, outlook365)

Since your email account is online and you are not showing any email from your friend or from yourself, then this would be something that Microsoft will need to look at.

LJFried

thank you again but this is all way too confusing for a jerk like me - my friend sent me a test using her hotmail account - don't know what you mean by search function at the top - don't incoming emails go straight in to the "inbox?" - thank you

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It should unless there is a rule in place, but you said this was a new account so I don't think that is likely.

In the screenshot, there is a search bar on the top. You can search for your friend's name or email account or keywords like 'test'

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts