1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook email problems during receipt of emails

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by vbsondemand, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbsondemand

vbsondemand Thread Starter

hi there,

i am new to the forum and am in desperate need of help. i am having issues during receipt of my emails. my outlook and computer stops responding about halfway through receiving emails and am not sure why. sometimes i get a message stating that security failed during logon and sometimes nothing happens and it freezes completly and I have to manually close my computer and start it up again. does anyone know why this could happend and what i can do to fix it. i run a homebased business and need to have my emails and computers working at all times. the issue is on my laptop computer.

please help

thanks to all

Serena - www.vbsondemand.com

2. snafder

snafder

One thing you could try - assuming by the tags that you are using Vista and Outlook 2007 - is the following...

Go 'Start' -> 'Control Panel' -> 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features' ->
    locate 'Microsoft Office <your version here>' -> right click on it -> select 'Change' -> then select 'Repair' and then 'next'...see this process through and try Outlook again.

More questions...
    Did you install Office yourself or did it come pre-installed?
    How much RAM do you have?
    What is your Internet connection?

Outlook 2007 is a real memory hog - anything less than 2GB I have found to be terrible...and particularly with Vista.

3. nerdboy20

nerdboy20

I assume this is a personal computer and not one on a network. By any chance you might want to make a archive pst folder to recieve mail into. Go to file datafile management, click add, then add a outlook personal folder don't use the 97-2003 one. Add it where you want it I suggest making a folder called Exchange in the my documents and use that for email. Next you want this folder to have a inbox so go back to data file management and make the new folder the default. Close outlook and open it back up ( sometimes this cause a error and you have to restart the computer do it and wait nothing major will happen). Go back and make the folder that was the default the default again. Now got to rules wizard on the tool tab. Make a rule that makes all the email go to the new inbox by click the hyper link that says specific folders and change it to that inbox. Don't set anything else and finish. Next run the rules and close. Make sure to archive everything and that might help you with your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/740891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice