1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook error message 0x800CCC0E cant connect to server

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by J2w1, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. J2w1

J2w1 Thread Starter

I've checked my password, user name and other settings and have also checked my email scanner on virus prtection but cant seem to fix this and receive my mail. any help would be appreciated.

here is the actual error message- The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.west.cox.net', Server: 'pop.west.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. cgaboy

cgaboy

If you use Norton, remove and reinstall the Windows XP April Security Updates with Norton disabled/uninstalled. I could only fix the problem with Norton completel uninstalled using their Removal Tool. I have replaced Norton with Avast (free). Good luck.

4. J2w1

J2w1 Thread Starter

that is what i ended up doing except i installed avg. but everything has been working great for a couple of days now. thanks

5. kmmc55

kmmc55

Quote "remove and reinstall the Windows XP April Security Updates "

I have the same problem. Can you help me please with...
    1) How do I remove and reinstall these updates?
    2) What is the web address for the norton removal tool (for 100% removal)?

Thanks.

6. kmmc55

kmmc55

I have found the norton remoavl tool. Does anyone know how to remove the Windows XP (April 2007) updates which cause the problems?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597889

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice