1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook errors

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mwillshaw, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mwillshaw

mwillshaw Thread Starter

I've recently installed broadband. My e.mail worked ok for a short while, but now I get the following message when I try to send mail.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
    the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'.
    Subject 'Proposed Seminar for 2002', Account: 'pop.legend.co.uk', Server:
    'smtp.legend.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that
    domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25,
    Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Do you think this has anything to do with broadband? What do I do to make it work again?

2. RandyG

RandyG

Hi Mike,

That message is specifically saying that your provider does not allow you to send mails from the account you are trying to send from, or to that specific address.

Are you by chance trying to send that mail using a different mail account then the one used by your providers? Is it a Legend email account and Legend connection to the internet?

3. mwillshaw

mwillshaw Thread Starter

I've got a btopenworld connection account and a Legend mail account. Is there any way to get around this?

4. RandyG

RandyG

I'm willing to bet that you were trying to send that last mail through your btopenworld account. I use multiple accounts through 2 different ISPs, and can't send my eircom mails through my iegateway account, and vice versa. This is a limitation that has been selected by the ISP themselves, wanting to limit mails being sent through their servers to only the ones they allow.

As far as I know, there is no way to get around it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice