1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook / Exchange 2003 OWA - Need Public folder to show as address book

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by justin81, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin81

justin81 Thread Starter

I've got an idea that I want to use, but I'm not sure if it's workable. Here's my situation:

The company that I work for has added a desktop faxing software. It can use Outlooks Contacts to get fax numbers to send to so long as the Business Fax field is filled in with the correct fax number. What I've done is setup a Public Folder with all of these contacts in it (note, the list updates weekly). There's not a problem having my desktop users see it because we just turn on the option in Outlook to show that folder as an address book. The problem we run into are those users that are using OWA web access for their box. I have not found a way to include that Public Folder in an Address Book that they can access from the web. All it offers is Global Address List and Contacts to search from.

Please let me know if any of you had any ideas.

Thanks,

Justin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/308852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice