1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Exp 6.0 Can't log off Identity

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thomj1, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomj1

thomj1 Thread Starter

I am running XP and using OE 6.0. I have two email accounts running on OE (mine and my wife's). More times than not, when she checks here email, exits-logg off and I then try to check my email. OE takes me to her Email box (not mine) and my emails will then show up in her email box (with hers). I have no luck trying to log her off - the only action that works is to reboot. Then I can get to my email box. The set ups look good! Any suggestions?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Are you going to File-Switch Identity?
    (Or is that under tools....hm...)

She's not using Start-Log off, is she?

3. thomj1

thomj1 Thread Starter

Negative. She uses the File-Exit and Logoff Identity. When I check the email: I click the icon - Under the Identity Login screen, I select my wifes account - then select logoff user, even this does not always work.
    Once I am unable to log her off none of the OE functions to File-Switch, etc seem to work. It is as if OE see one account (hers) and all email is forwarded to it - until I re-boot. Thanks for the suggestions

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice