1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook express 1 inbox mail?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kvanpelt, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kvanpelt

kvanpelt Thread Starter

I have Outlook Express, but in my inbox it's showing I have one unread message. But, when I go through the emails there isn't an unread message. What could it be?

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Might be a corrupted e-mail that you can't read but most likely it's just a glitch that sometimes happens. If it bugs you, move all the mail you want to keep out of the inbox and into another folder and delete the inbox.dbx file in the folder store. OE will create a new one next time you open the program.

3. kvanpelt

kvanpelt Thread Starter

Where is the inbox.dbx file at?

4. jolorna

jolorna

i had one the other day and i found it by scrolling through the all the mails and it had been dated feb 2006 instead of 2007

5. robodoc

robodoc

Just a couple thoughts....I've had the same thing happen as jolorna suggests. Sometimes emails get hung up in the Twilight Zone and come in weeks late. If your email in the inbox is sorting by Date and Time an old mail will land way down the list. But, I have also had 1 email showing in the inbox and nothing was there, like you state. I rebooted the computer and re-logged onto the net and it was gone.

6. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

The Address path is C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\Lots of numbers and letters\Microsoft\Outlook Express.
    This is the simplest way I know to find it. Especially if you have more than one mailbox.
    First thing, on any folder click Tools>Folder Options>View Tab and check Show Hidden Files and Folders and click OK.
    Open OE. Move everthing in the Inbox you want to another folder. Click Tools>Options>Maintenance tab>Store Folder. On the Store Location box, place your cursor at the left of the address and holding down the left mouse button, drag the cursor to the right to highlight the address. Go off the right side of the box if you have to so you get the entire address path. On your keyboard, press Control+C to copy the address. Click Cancel on the Store Location box. Click Cancel on Options and close OE.
    Open any FOLDER such as My Documents, My Pictures, etc. On your keyboard press Alt+D to highlight the address on the folder, then press Control+V to paste the OE Store Folder location into the address bar. Click Go and you should go directly into the Store Folder. Find the Inbox.DBX file and MOVE it to the desktop. Close the folder. Open OE and you should have a new Inbox with no messages. When you're sure everything works, delete the Inbox.DBX from the desktop. If any of this isn't clear or you have any problems, please ask.
    T. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice