1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express (5.5) window "offset"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MT Redux, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MT Redux

MT Redux Thread Starter

On my Main Identity (on my daughter's, secondary identity, everything is copasetic), when I double-click to open a mail in a new window or to compose a mail, the minimized window is fine, but the *maximized* window is offset down and to the right. This cannot be dragged or "pulled" on a corner or otherwise.

The only thing I can do with it is *restore* it (to the "minimized" state) or *close* it via the taskbar. There is no Move or Size option as there is with the minimized window.

Any help on how to restore this window to its correct position would be greatly appreciated.

2. e-liam

e-liam

Hi MT Redux, and welcome to TSG.. :)

Try this. Drag the window to the correct position by putting the cursor on the title bar at the top of the maximised window, holding down the left mouse key to do this. Once you have it in place, double click the title bar twice, first to restore, then to maximise again. Next close the window, and reopen. That should correct it.

Cheers

Liam

3. MT Redux

MT Redux Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome, Liam.

Unfortunately, as per my first post, the window *cannot be dragged* at all (the minimized window still has this capability, but not the maximized window).

Oh, and I see with my daughter's identity that the maximized window shouldn't have the Move or Size options anyway (but hers is still in the right place).

4. sekirt

sekirt

That is correct, maxed out windows cannot be moved.
    There may be some registry fix, I don't know.

But since it involves only your identity, why not remove that and open a new identity?

sekirt

5. MT Redux

MT Redux Thread Starter

That would be my "last" resort, hopefully. I guess the address book would be easy enough to import/export to a new identity (or not...but I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult), but then there's all my saved e-mails on this identity to consider.

6. MT Redux

MT Redux Thread Starter

Woo-hoo! I finally Googled the right combination of terms to find the solution (adding the word 'displaced' this time, instead of misplaced, offset, or messed up, for example... heh):

http://www.okinfoweb.com/moe/bugs/bugs_040.htm

The first suggestion of simply resizing the taskbar didn't work for me (even though I didn't have autohide enabled in the first place), but toggling autohide on and then off again did the trick! (y) Yea!!!

Now if only I can get my Message Rules set up to just "delete" these [email protected]%$# Swen worm mails instead of also sending other, perfectly safe messages to the delete folder that don't happen to fit my "rule" parameters in any shape or form that I can discern. :confused:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice