1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Express 6.0 disconnects DSL

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ajdupont, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Hi
    I just mentioned in another forum that I had solved all of my Windows XP opportunities. However I do have one small inconvenience that someone may be able to help me with.
    I have a DSL internet connection and use Internet Explorer 6.0 and use Outlook Express for my E-mail. Here's my deal. When I open Explorer and then select the "envelope" icon on the tool bar and then select "read mail", it opens Outlook Express and shows all of my E-mail. Past messages etc. Which is fine. But if I select "Send/Receive" icon on the Outlook toolbar it disconnects my DSL connection and asks me if I want to connect. I reconnect and everything is OK.
    This is not really a problem but more of a nuisance. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    ajdupont

2. ezymony

ezymony

in outlook exp go to tools options connection make sure it is not checked hang up after send and recieve

3. ajdupont

ajdupont Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. But "hang up" is not checked under tools in OE. I had already checked that.

4. ezymony

ezymony

ok maybe one of the experts will be by in a bit to help you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice