Outlook Express 6.0, Win98 and User Profiles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AtreideS

Hello,
on my computer we have multiple user profiles set up so each family member can have there on wallpaper, sounds etc.
All the users have different email accounts. We all use Outlook Express 6.0 for our email accounts. In the past we have used Outlook Express 5.5, and that has allowed us to have entirely different email accounts setup for each of us. That works pretty much the same way now, BUT occasionally one of the users will have other peoples emails sitting in their inbox. Even though they do not have that particular email account set up. How can I stop this from happening? Please help if you can understand what I just wrote. It's a pretty confusing problem to explain:). Thanks

Just to make sure what I read. Are the users getting each others mail or someone else entirely, not associated with the users?

2 things come to mind. If it is the users getting mixed up, first thing would be to make sure each one is logging off correctly.

If it is outside mail, highlight it and go to message>block sender.

AtreideS

The users are recieving each other emails, and only after they have been read by the user they have been sent to. It seems as if any email one of the users leaves in their inbox will appear in other users inboxes as well.

there are two ways to set up multiple accounts in Outlook Express.
One is all the mail comes in to one inbox... no matter which user its addressed to.

The other you actually pull up a different OE window & see only whats their for that particular user. You can even put separate passwords on this so no other can view your e-mail etc...:)

Open OE & go to File... when the menu comes open... go to Identities & set up that way.

Hope this helps you :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online